Abubaker Bagaria - Pan Fried Hake, Asian Prawn Ravioli with Coconut Crab Bisque
Ingredients for 2 portions
1 Packet Crab (800g)
6 g Coriander
4 King Prawns
250ml Coconut Cream
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Teaspoon Grated Ginger
1/2 Red Chilli finely chopped
1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce
300g Fresh Hake, deboned and filleted
2 Cups White Wine
1 3/4 Cups All purpose Flour
6 Large Egg Yolks
1 Large Egg
1 1/2 Teaspoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Milk
1 Egg Yolk
Process for the Crab, Prawns & Clams
1. Place Crab shells in an oven tray and drizzle with oil and roast for 20min.
2. While Crab is roasting, coarsely chop the Onion and Carrot and colour in pot, add the Tomato paste and cook for 8min until brown. Then deglaze with the white Wine.
3. Remove the Crab from the oven and add it to the pot, fill up with water and cook on a gentle heat for 25min.
4. While the Crab is simmering, remove the Prawns from the shell and divine and rinse. Then pat dry and place Prawn meat in a blender with Garlic cloves, Ginger, Coriander, Sesame Oil, Fish Sauce, Chilli and blend to a smooth paste.
5. Place mixture of Prawns in a bowl and place in fridge.
6. Once the Crab has finished, place portions of it in a blender and blend it sections at a time until finished, then take a Muslin cloth and place it in a chinios and strain all the liquid into a clean pot.
7. Place pot on a gentle heat and allow to reduce, and then add Coconut Cream and season to taste and remove from the heat.
8. Place Clams in a pan with Y, a cup of white Wine and allow to steam on a low heat until open.
Process for the Pasta dough
1. Place the Flour onto a working surface, and then make a wall in the centre.
2. Pour Egg Yolks, Milk, Egg and Oil into the centre.
3. Using your hands incorporate the mixture slowly to prevent lumps.
4. Once the dough has formed and is coming off the surface, work the dough for another 5min and shape into a round ball and cover with plastic and allow to rest.
Making the Ravioli's
Remove the mixture from the fridge and heat a pan gently and sauté the Prawn mixture for 30 seconds and place in a clean bowl.
For the Pasta
1. Set the Pasta machine on the widest setting and work the dough 3 times through each setting until you get to the 2nd setting.
2. Then take a round cutter and cut out Ravioli shapes.
Finishing the Ravioli
1. Place the Prawn mixture in the centre of the 1" Pasta sheet, adjust amount of filling according to Ravioli size.
2. Then brush Egg mixture on the sides and place another Pasta sheet on top. (Repeat process through out)
3. Switch off the heat on the Clams and leave to steam in its own heat
Final cooking process
1. Place pot on another pot of boiling water and cook Ravioli's for 5min
2. Heat up a pan and drizzle in a little Olive oil.
3. Cut Hake into two 75g portions (2 pieces per plate), making 150g per portion
4. Season the Hake with Salt and Pepper.
5. Pan fry Hake for 5min on each side, however place it skin side down first allowing the skin to crisp up.
For the Platting
1. Spoon the Bisque into the plate or round wide bowl.
2. Place the Ravioli into the centre.
3. Then place a piece of Hake on top and another on top, skin side up.
4. Place Clams around the Fish and garnish with fresh Coriander.