Friedr. Dick Corp. is the US subsidiary of family owned Friedr. Dick GmbH & Co. KG in Germany which was founded in 1778. Friedr. Dick manufactures cutlery, sharpening steels, ancillary items & sharpening machines for chefs & butchers. Friedr. Dick is an established and well-known brand in the USA and can look back on a long US-presence with a sales office and warehouse based in Farmingdale, NY.
For our U.S.A. Sales department (professional knives, tools for chefs, culinary schools and grinding machines), we are seeking an enthusiastic and qualified
National Sales Manager
Job Scope Responsibilities:
- Manages existing accounts (Dealer/Rep Group Specific)
- Obtains orders
- Establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade contacts
- Contact with end user customers (Culinary Schools, Food Service Operators and Chain Accounts both on a Regional and National level)
- Develop Individual Sales/Market Plans by assigned Rep Groups and monitors Rep Group progress to mutually agreed upon and established sales objectives
- Prepares content of sales presentations and product trainings by specific sales target, distributor outlet or trade association
- Focuses sales efforts by analyzing existing and potential volume of existing and new dealers
- Secures customer orders given existing pricing structures
- Keeps management informed by submitting monthly planned activity and results reports based upon previously agreed upon territory and customer specific targets
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace data including pricing, existing and new product introductions and merchandising strategies
- Recommends potential new product development, existing product modifications, service levels and sales policies by evaluating individual results and competitive landscape
- Resolves customer complaints through thorough investigation of the customers concern, preparing documented reports and submitting potential resolutions to management
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in industry related professional societies
- Develops National and Regional Marketing Programs and Purchasing Promotions to grow existing and new sales opportunities
- Attend industry trade shows and participate in the assembling of the trade show booth, maintenance and support of the booth during the trade show and support in breaking down of the trade exhibit upon the completion of the trade show
Skills and Qualifications:
- Motivation for Sales
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Product Knowledge
- Presentation Skills
- Territory Management
- Prospecting Skills
- Closing Skills
- Client Relationships
- Customer Service
- Individual will be located in a metropolitan region of the United States with easy access to a major airport. Candidates will already live there with no re-location expenses.
- Representative will have a formal culinary background (either culinary school or kitchen service) or past sales experience in cutlery/food processing equipment.
- Compensation to be based on an annual salary of $70K-$85K with a bonus opportunity up to 25%.
- Monthly car allowance to be determined.
- Standard company benefits will apply.
- Travel to be estimated at approximately 50%. Weekends as needed.
All qualified candidates interested in joining the Friedr. Dick U.S. based team should send their resume to the attention of email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration for this position and we look forward to working with you.