Sharpening steel shapes
- Round shape: Low overall weight and no edges that may damage the cutting edge, but only a specific contact surface for the knife.
- Oval shape: Large contact for the knife and therefore more effective grinding results.
- Flat oval shape: Linear contact, even greater contact for the knife and very effective grinding results.
- Square shape: Two steels in one as different cuts are applied opposite each other.
- Special shape MultiCut/Multiron: Seven fine cut steels in one: the extent of the abrasion from the cutting edge varies depending on the pressure applied to the sharpening steel blade.
Click here, to learn how to use a sharpening steel correctly!